Renunciation of citizenship can be done through the Embassy of Pakistan in Stockholm by submitting all the required documents as well as payment of relevant fees. The application will be forwarded to the Directorate General Immigration and Passports Islamabad and can take six months to a year to process. When you have received the renunciation letter, you may apply for POC.
- Form X in quadruplicate (must be clearly filled in by hand). Application form >> Form X
- For residents of Finland – The original offer letter of citizenship from concerned authorities and translation from an authorized translator, with three photocopies.
- For Swedish passport holders, four copies of Swedish passport.
- Five coloured photos.
- All original Pakistani passports and four copies of the most recent passport.
- Original CNIC/NICOP, along with four copies.
- Two original fee receipts of SEK 700 and SEK 50 as under.
i) Applicants holding a CNIC or NICOP card shall deposit SEK 700 into the Embassy’s Account for cancellation of the CNIC/NICOP. (Deposited in SEB account no: 5277 10 109 68. IBAN no is: SE80 5000 0000 0527 7101 0968. Swift Address of SEB is: ESSESESS).
ii) The fee for the renunciation of nationality is SEK 50, which should be deposited into the Embassy’s NICOP/POC Account no: 52771011948 (IBAN No: SE04 5000 0000 052771011948. Swift Address of SEB is: ESSESESS).