Registration of Newborn
The new born babies born to Pakistani citizens/dual citizens of Sweden and Finland must be registered as Pakistani nationals in the Embassy of Pakistan Stockholm (Sweden), by their parents within one year of the date of birth. The following documents are required for birth registration:
- Form S_1-1 (duly completed) (DOB should be written in DD-MM-YYYY format and do not enter any other date on the form).
- Extract of the Population Register in English from Skatteverket / Maistraatti (Original).
- Both parents’ NICOP/CNICs (Original+ Photo Copy)
- Both parents’ passports (Photo Copy only), and if parents have dual citizenship then submit photo copy of the other passports as well.
- Mother’s NICOP/CNIC must have husband’s name on it. If it is not so then copy of Nikahnama has to be submitted. In case of foreign mother or father, an affidavit declaring “No Objection” for registration of his/her child as a Pakistani national.
- Two coloured photographs of the child (on photographic paper preferably with white background)
- Fees SEK 110/-
- Facility for making payment by Credit/Debit Card is available at the Embassy. Consular Fee is not accepted in cash at the Embassy.
- Cash can be deposited in Embassy’s SEB Account no:
5277 10 109 68
- Full name of the applicant must be written clearly on the Bank slips.
If cases are sent by Post:
- If documents are sent by post then fees should be transferred to SEB bank account 5277 10 109 68
- Applicants from Finland (if sending by post) should transfer the fees in following account:
SEB IBAN no: SE80 5000 0000 0527 7101 0968.
Swift Address of SEB is: ESSESESS
- Please note that applicants from Finland must add SEK 60/- to the total fee on account of Bank charges, which is ultimately paid by the Embassy to the concerned Bank. Such cases, where the Bank Transfer Charges are not paid separately by the applicant to the Embassy, would be kept pending.
- The deposit slip must be attached to the application form before submission, otherwise the case would be kept pending.
- Cash is also not accepted through post. Envelopes containing cash are returned without consideration.
- Applications sent through post should contain a self-addressed return envelope with SEK 84/- postage stamps on it.
- Applicants from Finland should send self-addressed return envelope with 10 international coupons.
- Please don’t forget to write your phone number on return envelope.
Note: For children more than one year of age, the parents should apply directly online for NICOP at NADRA’s website http://id.nadra.gov.pk/
Requirements for NICOP Application
NADRA have informed that they have launched Web Based Application System named as “Pak ldentity” for processing of POC and NICOP application in order to facilitate Pakistani expatriates. Applicants may therefore visit the following website to apply for NICOP and POC.
Requirements for issuance of passports for newly born babies
Machine Readable Passports (MRPs) are issued at Embassy of Pakistan, Stockholm. For more information please follow the link Passport Section