Registration of Newborn
The new born babies born to Pakistani citizens/dual citizens of Sweden and Finland must be registered as Pakistani nationals in the Embassy of Pakistan Stockholm (Sweden), by their parents within one year of the date of birth. The following documents are required for birth registration:
- Form S_1-1 (duly completed)
- Both parents’ passports and NICOP/CNICs (in original) are to be produced along with one photo copy each.
- Mother’s NICOP/CNIC must have husband’s name on it. In case of foreign mother, an affidavit declaring “No Objection” for registration of her/his child as a Pakistani national.
- Extract of the Population Register (Personbevis of the child) from Skatteverket / Maistraatti in English).
- Two coloured photos of the child (Shoulders, eyes should be visible).
- Fee: SEK: 110 (Can be paid at the Embassy by card or can be deposited in Embassy’s SEB Account No. 5277 10 109 68 (Embassy’s IBAN No is: SE80 5000 0000 0527 7101 0968. Swift Address of SEB is: ESSESESS)
- Applications sent through post should contain a self-addressed return envelope, along with SEK 84/- postage stamps or international postage coupons for registered mail. The contents should be properly put together and should not be left loose.
(Note: For babies more than one year age, the parents should apply directly online for NICOP at NADRA’s website http://id.nadra.gov.pk/).
Requirements for NICOP Application
POC and NICOP application
NADRA have informed that they have launched Web Based Application System named as “Pak ldentity” for processing of POC and NICOP application in order to facilitate Pakistani expatriates. Applicants may therefore visit the following website to apply for NICOP and POC.
Requirements for issuance of passports for newly born babies
Machine Readable Passports (MRPs) are available at Embassy of Pakistan, Stockholm. For more information please follow the link Passport Section
- Telephone enquires about any important consular matter are entertained only between 1400 to 1700 hrs. For a speedy confirmation of the status of your application or any other questions, please Email us firstname.lastname@example.org